Writers & Illustrators of the Future Blog

The purpose of this blog is to provide a forum for winners, judges, entrants and anyone interested in sharing information regarding the contests and the L. Ron Hubbard Writers of the Future volumes. For more information you can also go to www.writersofthefuture.com

Thursday, April 5, 2007

More News From our Winners Plus a New Country!

LEE BEAVINGTON (WOTF 22)


Here's an update on recent writing-related events in my life:

I had a reading today at Kwantlen University College for the "Celebrating our Students' Learning" event. The excerpt I chose was from "Remembrance: A Family Love Story," which chronicles the fateful meeting of my great-grandparents. Thomas Craven, 41, a wealthy priest with four degrees met Bridget McGrane, a sweet Irish lass, 19, poor and illiterate. They fell in love, changed their names and emigrated to Canada to escape the scandal their union stirred.

This was my first reading, making me extremely nervous. Being published in Writers of the Future definitely helped my confidence level. In fact, having a professional publication under my belt has been a boost in all areas of my writing.

I've also been invited to the Writers' Union of Canada AGM, which includes Margaret Atwood giving the Margaret Laurence talk on the Writers' Life. I'm honoured to be a student representative for Kwantlen. These conferences are always wonderful inspiration to shift into the writing gear.

Find out more about Lee at www.leebeavington.com

Thanks a bunch!

Cheers,
Lee

RANDALL ENSLEY (WOTF 23)

I had my interview with the New London Day and I will send you copies of that when it comes out.

I will be participating in Free Comic Book Day May 5, 2007, this year at Sarge's Comics in New London, CT appearing as a guest artist as I have the past 4 years.

Let me know if you need more information.

Thank you,
Randall


WRITERS OF THE FUTURE IN TURKISH

After meeting in London, we just finalized a contract with the Turkish publisher Caretta Kitaplari for Writers of the Future Volume 19, Writers of the Future Volume 20, Writers of the Future Volume 21 and Writers of the Future Volume 22.

He will publish the first book in September. That means our winners will now become internationally published authors.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home