Writers & Illustrators of the Future Blog

The purpose of this blog is to provide a forum for winners, judges, entrants and anyone interested in sharing information regarding the contests and the L. Ron Hubbard Writers of the Future volumes. For more information you can also go to www.writersofthefuture.com

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Stephen Kotowych Career Getting Underway

STEPHEN KOTOWYCH WINNER FOR VOLUME 23
SEES HIS START FOR A PROMISING CAREER


This past weekend I did a reading from and signed copies of the new SF&Fanthology 'Under Cover of Darkness' (DAW Books) which includes my firstpublished story, "Borrowed Time." You might be interested to know that this anthology also includes a new short story from WotF judge LarryNiven (you can imagine how I almost fell out of my chair when they told me I'd be in the same anthology as Larry Niven.)

The launch was held at the Toronto Public Library's Merril Collection ofScience Fiction, Speculation and Fantasy--Canada's major collection ofspeculative fiction.

I attach some photos from the launch (the rest are available athttp://kotowych.blogspot.com/). They are of me doing the reading from my story (another first for me!), and of the autograph session with myself and four of the other authors. My editor, Julie Czerneda, was nice enough to introduce me as a winner of Writers of the Future and people seemed really excited and impressed. The contest is definitely well-known and respected!




Also, this Saturday myself (WOTF 23), Tony Pi (WOTF 23), and Mike Rimar(WOTF 21) are participating in a panel at Toronto's Ad Astra conventionabout the Writers of the Future Contest. The panel also includes WotF judge Robert J. Sawyer, and WotF Grand Prize Winner James Alan Gardner(WOTF 6). I'll try to get some pictures and send them to you next week.

Best wishes,

Stephen Kotowych (http://kotowych.blogspot.com/)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home