Writers & Illustrators of the Future Blog

The purpose of this blog is to provide a forum for winners, judges, entrants and anyone interested in sharing information regarding the contests and the L. Ron Hubbard Writers of the Future volumes. For more information you can also go to www.writersofthefuture.com

Thursday, February 22, 2007

The Art of Peter Town & News from Eric James Stone

I just received some great news from Eric James Stone (WOTF 21 winner and WOTF 20 finalist) whose story "Tabloid Reporter To the Stars" was the lead story in the most recent issue of Orson Scott Card's Intergalactic Medicine Show mag. (By the way, if you haven't read Eric's story in volume 21, you really should -- its a great fantasy called "Betrayer of Trees."

My big news is that the cover story for the brand new issue of Orson Scott Card's InterGalactic Medicine Show is by me. "Tabloid Reporter to the Stars" is a story I actually wrote specifically to submit to WOTF back in 2004. A few days after submitting it, though, I found out that I was a winner for the previous quarter. After a little reworking, it found a home at IGMS.

Since going to my first WOTF workshop as a published finalist, I have sold two stories to Analog and three to IGMS (including my 24-hour story from the workshop, "Salt of Judas").

--Eric James Stone


THE ART OF PETER TOWN

Following are illustratrations submitted by Peter Town, of Sacramento, CA, illustrator winner for volume 23. The first illustration is titled "In Her Majesty's Secret Service."


The next illustration is titled "Prince of Elves."



NOTICE TO WRITER AND ILLUSTRATOR WINNERS

I have been sending out quite a few press releases on past and just-named winners and have found that there may be quite a bit of media pick ups that I won't ever find out about unless you send it to me or alert me to it if its TV or radio. Clipping services and web searches don't get all the papers. So email me when you find them and I'll give you the address to send them to.

Thanks.

THESE ARE REALLY GOOD STORIES

I gotta say, as I read the new stories coming in for volume 23, these stories are really incredible stories. I also go back to the earlier books when I get news from past winners and these are also really great stories. Why else would they have been chosen, come on!

So as a word to the wise, I have been hearing more and more from winners how they have all the earlier copies of Writers of the Future and have read the stories. I highly recommend that you do the same. And if you are a winner already, then sit back and enjoy some great storytelling.

OK. I'm done for tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home