Writers & Illustrators of the Future Blog

The purpose of this blog is to provide a forum for winners, judges, entrants and anyone interested in sharing information regarding the contests and the L. Ron Hubbard Writers of the Future volumes. For more information you can also go to www.writersofthefuture.com

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Information on Entries That You Might Not Know

Dear All,

We are coming to the end of the first quarter of 2008.

There are a few bits of information that I wanted to impart to you all about entering the contest.

1) No need to send your manuscripts or art by "special mail". Since we are a PO box many of the mail services do not deliver to PO Box addresses.

2) We absolutely do not accept "registered mail".

3) You do not have to send in a huge envelope with stamps to return your entire manuscript. It costs you twice the amount to enter when you do that. It IS good to send in an envelope for the notification of results with enough postage (41 cents now) but I hear the rates are going up again so I don't know what that will be. Check with your local post office as the rates go up soon.

4) We notify you by e-mail that we have received your entry. How I do this is send the message to the contest with about 20 of you cc:ed on it as I can't possibly send a single e-mail to each of you. I usually write in the heading "Your Writers (or Illustrators) Entry for the ___ Quarter. So do look for that amoungst all the messages you may get. I know that I get tons of "spam" messages a day and I assume you do too. But do look out for that heading so you don't shred mine by accident.

Those are the key points I wanted to go over with you. If you personally have any other questions do let me know at www.contests@authorservicesinc.com.

Best, Joni

3 Comments:

  • At March 26, 2008 at 12:25 PM , Blogger Dr. Phil (Physics) said...

    New Postal Prices Coming May 12, 2008

    http://www.usps.com/prices/

    First class stamps will be 42cents or a Forever stamp for first ounce.

    Dr. Phil

     
  • At March 27, 2008 at 6:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Should I be concerned if I haven't received email notification?
    mizem55@yahoo.com

     
  • At March 28, 2008 at 10:41 AM , Blogger Joni Labaqui said...

    Dear Liz,

    We have your story entered in the 2nd quarter. Sometimes e-mails don't make it or get shredded by accident. We have your story safe and sound. 2nd quarter results are not due until mid-May thorugh mid-June. So no worries. Best, Joni

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home