Writers & Illustrators of the Future Blog

The purpose of this blog is to provide a forum for winners, judges, entrants and anyone interested in sharing information regarding the contests and the L. Ron Hubbard Writers of the Future volumes. For more information you can also go to www.writersofthefuture.com

Thursday, January 25, 2007

New winners are getting their first taste of media

Hello. Sent out a release yesterday to US and CAN media announcing the winners from the first 3 quarters for volume 23. (I'd like to get any French media to send the release to to announce Aliette as the Paris winner. Perhaps she can translate the release into French for me and we can send it out that way.)

But after sending out the release I had a radio station in Georgia respond wanting to interview Kim Zimring and a newspaper in California wanting to interview Amelia Mammoliti. So, we're off to a pretty good start with our winners for volume 23.


Also had the following sent in to me from Jeff Carlson, also being published in volume 23:

My exciting news for this week is that I received my contract for my second novel with Ace/Berkley, and signed and returned it to my agent, Donald Maass.

Do you have any word on when the XXIII workshop will be scheduled?

All best, Jeff
jeffcarlson@astound.net
PLAGUE YEAR, from Ace Books in August 2007 and PLAGUE WAR, from Ace in Summer 2008

JEFF: To answer your question about the awards ceremony. This isn't locked in yet. But as soon as it is, I'll let everyone know when and where it will occur.


I just caught this in the Orange County Register earlier today. Stephen Woodworth, winner for his story "Scary Monsters" in WOTF vol 7 just published his 4th novel since winning the contest. You can see his most recent novel at http://www.randomhouse.com/bantamdell/violet_eyes/ Here's his book:


Well, gotta go. I have Nancy Cartwright (the voice of Bart Simpson on the Simpsons) about to do a national radio show to promote Writers of the Future as well as audio books that we publish. She has been helping to record some of the audios. Should be a great interview. You can see more about Nancy at her website www.nancycartwright.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home