Writers & Illustrators of the Future Blog

The purpose of this blog is to provide a forum for winners, judges, entrants and anyone interested in sharing information regarding the contests and the L. Ron Hubbard Writers of the Future volumes. For more information you can also go to www.writersofthefuture.com

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Rob Sawyer just did a great TV interview

Rob Sawyer, Writers of the Future Contest judge, just did a TV show this week on Rogers TV in Kitchener, ON, where he was on for at least 10 minutes promoting the contest and volume 22. He sent me a few photos taken during his interview which I'm including here.








You can also see more of Rob's stuff at his website www.sfwriter.com
Over the past several months, I've seen more and more how short fiction is seeing a resurgence. I've spoken to lots of folks and found they really do like short stories -- as they often have trouble getting a lot of time to read. They can get through a story in one sitting.
I was recently talking to Neil Gaiman (www.neilgaiman.com) about his latest book Fragile Things and he said it had more of a sustained sell than some of his earlier books - and it too hit the NYT list. I was interested as Writers of the Future and his last book are both short fiction and I wanted to get any tips he had to give on what made his anthology sell so well. He definitely gave his blog the lionshare of credit. As regards his last book, while there were lots of great stories, I did like "The Monarch of the Glen" best. Maybe because I really liked American Gods. Neil earlier gave me a great blurb on Writers of the Future which I've used on the book. I like it so much, I'll use it again here, "Writers of the Future has a record of nurturing and discovering writers who have done on to make their mark in the science fiction field. Long may it continue!"
Anyway, I look forward to any other emails with news on the contests or responses to the Writers of the Future book itself.

So long for now.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home