Writers & Illustrators of the Future Blog

The purpose of this blog is to provide a forum for winners, judges, entrants and anyone interested in sharing information regarding the contests and the L. Ron Hubbard Writers of the Future volumes. For more information you can also go to www.writersofthefuture.com

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The art of Bryan Beus

Well, like I promised yesterday, I'm going to feature the winning art from our new winners. I'm starting today with Bryan Beus. Bryan is from Provo, UT and he is a first quarter winner and will be published in volume 23.

These are his three winning entries. The first illustration is entitled "Pinata."


The second illustration is entitled "Clowns."


The third illustration is called "All Grizz."

You'll see art from Bogdan Stetsenko of Kiev, Ukraine tomorrow.
NEWS FROM PAST WINNERS

I was happy to see there was a Writers/Illustrators of the Future blog out there! My story "Blade of the Bunny" was one of the first place stories way back in Volume XV.

Since then, I've sold about 30 short stories, including a sequel to "Blade of the Bunny." "Spell of the Sparrow" came out in late 2004 in Sword & Sorceress XXI, and takes place a while after the bunny tale.

I've also sold two humorous fantasy novels to DAW Books. The first, Goblin Quest, came out in November of 2006. Goblin Hero will be hitting stores this May.
Needless to say, I'm pretty darn excited about both.

Best,
Jim

WE NEED MORE


If you have news that belongs on the Writers & Illustrators of the Future blog, be sure to send it to me. I'm always looking for more great news to share.

1 Comments:

  • At February 5, 2007 at 9:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I think this artist drawing are phenomenal, and my favorite posted up as of today(Feb/5/07). I love the style. Great work Bryan Beus.

    Douglas Le Blanc
    (A writer trying to make it!)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home