Writers & Illustrators of the Future Blog

The purpose of this blog is to provide a forum for winners, judges, entrants and anyone interested in sharing information regarding the contests and the L. Ron Hubbard Writers of the Future volumes. For more information you can also go to www.writersofthefuture.com

Monday, November 19, 2007

Past Winner News -- Keeps Coming In

We have good news from a past winner who continues to create and get his works out there.

Ken Scholes writer winner from Vol 21 sent us the following

"last, month, Tor Books made an offer (and I accepted) on my five book series, The Psalms of Isaak, through my agent, Jennifer Jackson. The series is a continuation of the story started in my short story, "Of Metal Men and Scarlet Thread and Dancing with the Sunrise," appearing in the August 2006 issue of Realms of Fantasy (this was my first pro-level sale after winning Writers of the Future.)

The first novel, Lamenation, will appear in hardcover in early 2009. the second, Candicle, will follow in late 2009.

I was a 2004 winner of the Writers of the Future contest and I credit my experience with WOTF as an important part of my career launch. Many of the workshop topics came to bear in the crafting of my novel and the experience of winning the contest was a real boost to my confidence and persistence as a writer. I think it's an important resource for anyone who wants to launch thier sf/f career! Thanks, Ken

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home